Due to the pandemic we are fielding far more inquiries than we have time to screen at the moment. We apologize. You can follow the instructions below to fill out a Questionnaire if you are prepared to wait.
So what are the next steps:
1. We will have you fill out an in depth questionnaire (see below).
2. You will send the questionnaire back to Oracle.
3. We will review the Questionnaires and select the homes most ideally suited to an Oracle puppy.
4. We will reach out to follow up with selected homes.
5. We may arrange a zoom meeting or phone call to chat more.
BEFORE FILLING OUT A QUESTIONNAIRE, PLEASE READ:
- Oracle Australian Shepherds is a small, preservation breeder focusing on breeding Australian Shepherds that meet the highest quality standards for health, temperament, as well as meeting breed standard.
- We do not breed for quantity, we breed for quality.
- With that in mind, we breed one or less, litters a year.
- This is not our job, this is our passion. So while this means that we are passionate about Australian Shepherds, it also means that we may sometimes take time to return e-mails as we have a small business and farm to care for.
- During the pandemic, demand for puppies has grown exponentially and while we appreciate everyone is looking for a puppy and why, we will not breed to meet the “market”. We have one intact female who is four and has only had one litter, because we believe breeding is not something to take lightly.
- If you decide to fill out a questionnaire, please know that we will not be breeding another litter until Spring/Summer 2022 at the earliest.
Filling Out the Questionnaire
- Download the Questionnaire (below) to your computer.
- Fill out the Questions. Don’t forget to save as you go – nothing worse than losing your work.
- Include as much detail as possible.
- Save the Questionnaire.
- Attach it to an Email with the subject “Future Litter Application” and send the completed to Oracle Aussies (this link should open an email in your default mail client with our emails filled out). Otherwise the email addresses are at the top of the form.
What if you don’t hear back?
We do our best to respond to everyone, but we also recieve many emails daily, so please understand if it takes times to get back to you.
What if I still have questions that haven’t been answered?
If you have questions, please include them in the body of the email with the completed Questionnaire.
Also please reference our website (scroll down to How We Raise Puppies post), Facebook page and YouTube (I know some of the videos are old, but not much has changed in terms of how we raise puppies).
How much are the puppies?
Puppies are $3000. We will select homes and then take a $500 non-refundable deposit to hold your place in the puppy placement list.
Where will these puppies be raised?
Puppies are raised here at Oracle – in our home.
What is your contract for your puppies?
This is the standard Oracle Puppy contract. We will be updating it regularly, but this will give you an idea of what we offer. We will send an updated version before accepting any deposits.
What clearances have the parents had?
Full Genetic Panels
* We will update this page with more FAQ as they come up.
Due to COVID, we cannot accept visitors at this time. We will arrange for homes to meet the puppies depending on COVID regulations when it comes to that time.